The Holy Spirit in You
Derek Prince
Copyright ©1987 Derek Prince Ministries-Internatonal
Lately I've been impressed to seek the fellowship of the Holy Spirit. Without Him, what can we do? Blue color is my emphasis
Chapter 1: The Holy Spirit in the Life of Jesus
We find that the Holy Spirit was the sole source of power for the entire ministry of Jesus. Until the Holy Spirit came upon Jesus at the Jordan River after John’s baptism, He never preached or performed a miracle. He waited for the Holy Spirit to come upon Him.
The He says, “I will not leave as orphans, but I’ll come to you.” The implication there is that without the Holy Spirit, they would have been left as orphans with no one to care for them, help them, or instruct them. But through the Holy Spirit, full provision has been made for them.
A little further on in the same discourse, Jesus returns to this theme:
“But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counsellor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you” (John 16:7, NIV)
Chapter 4: Our Indwelling Helper
Jesus said it is for our good that He was going away. The King James Version says, “It is expedient for you.” This is an amazing statement. We are better off without Jesus in heaven and the Holy Spirit on earth than we would be with Jesus on earth and the Holy Spirit in heaven. Few people realize that. Christians are always saying, “If only I could have lived in the days when Jesus was on earth.” But Jesus says, “You are better off now. When I’m in heaven and the Holy Spirit is on earth, you will have more then than you have now.”
Chapter 7: Help in Prayer
Galatians 4:19 My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you..”
Paul had preached to those people and they had been converted. But for them to become what they needed to be, Paul recognized that it took more than preaching, it took intercessory prayer.
Chapter 9: Outpouring of Divine Love
1 Cor 13:1 Paul says: “If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. When the Holy Spirit comes in, He comes into a heart that has been purified by faith and is turned toward God. Later on, it is possible to dry up, miss God’s purpose, or misuse what God has made available to us. In that case, it happens as Paul said, “I have become a noisy going or a clanging cymbal.” In effect, he says, “I wasn’t that way when we received, but through missing the purpose, I have become like that, and I frustrated God’s purpose.”
Chapter 10: How to open up to the Holy Spirit
The first is we must be thirsty. God does not force His blessing on people who feel they do not need them. Many people never receive the fullness of the Holy Spirit because they are not really thirsty. If you think you have all you need already, why should God bother you with more? Very probably, you are not making the best use of what you already have. You would be under greater condemnation if God gave you more.

No comments:
Post a Comment