Saturday, August 14, 2010

POWER PRAYER - Jane Mackie

POWER PRAYER…
(taken from “Kids Pray!” by Jane Mackie)
The following steps are useful for getting you to a place of really hearing form God.

STEP 1: GET RID OF THE JUNK.
Ask the Holy Spirit to help you answer these questions: Did I disobey my parents today? Have I told any lies, stolen anything? Have I hurt anyone? Has anyone hurt me? Is there anyone I need to forgive? Anything else? Tell God you are sorry for these things and ask Him to forgive you.

STEP 2: RELATIONSHIP CHECK
Firsty with God: Have I been putting God first in my life? Have I Been trusting Him fully? Have I been spending time with Him? Have I been reading the bible enough?
Then with others (family, friends…) – you may have already done this in Step 1
Where you need to, ask God for His forgiveness, and His help, in your relationships.

STEP 3: PRAISE AND WORSHIP
Your praise and worship is important, and above all it pleases God very much! You can praise Him by singing or expressing your thanks to Him in words.

STEP 4: GET RID OF YOUR OWN THOUGHTS, IDEAS AND PLANS
Make sure there is nothing on your mind that would stop you from hearing His plans during your time with Him.

STEP 5: RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT
Invite the Holy Spirit to come and guide you – it is as simple as that!

STEP 6: Get lost, Devil!
James 4:7 says that if you submit yourself to God (which you have just done) and resist the devil, he will flee from you. So tell him to leave now in Jesus’ name.

STEP 7: WAIT, THEN LISTEN.
At this point if you have time just listen for a while to see if God speaks to you.

STEP 8: GO FOR IT!
Now pray or write in your journal whatever is in your heart.

(This is a prayer movement, which believes God has called the children to pray. And He answers their prayers powerfully)

No comments: