REBECCA GREENWOOD
Chosen Books, Third printing, Oct 2006

Chapter 1: Explanation of Spiritual Warfare
I thought this was a good prayer for restoration of marriage. For a friend, if you read this.... :)
She told me that she and her husband were separated and that he was filing for divorce. I told her that I would begin praying that the Lord would restore their marriage. Her reply was, “I do not think that prayer and God can work through these hurts and wounds.” I responded, “No hurt or wound is too big for God.” I then prayed with her and asked the Lord to restore that marriage, to bring healing to all hurts and wounds and to carry her family through that difficult time.
Over the next few months I prayed for her and her husband. Not only did I ask the Lord to restore their marriage, but I warred over their marriage and began to break every scheme and curse the enemy had placed on this couple. I prayed against division, un-forgiveness and every deception the enemy was perpetuating. In the name of Jesus, I broke the lie that this wound was too deep to be healed by God.
Soon our lives went in different directions. I took a part-time job and she took a full-time job. Two months later the children and I were swimming at the neighbourhood pool. She and her children arrived at the pool and she approached me excitedly.
“Your prayers have worked!” she exclaimed. “My husband returned home last week and he destroyed the divorce papers! God is good. Thank you for praying.”
Chapter 3: Revelation of Assignment
2 Corinthians 10:4-6, emphasis added
The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divind power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.
Strategic-level warfare is not to be entered into lightly. Make no mistake that when you pray at this level you are engaging in war. I highlighted verse 6 because of the important truth it is stating. As intercessors we must walk in obedience and holiness. I have seen many intercessors enter into warfare prayer before they are spiritually, emotionally and physically prepared. The consequences have been severe; sometimes the backlash from the enemy has been devastating. Anyone who is plagued by fear or takes part in sins like adultery, pornography, lying, even un-forgiveness is not ready to enter into warfare prayer. A pure heart is required for this level of intercession.
If we go into battle before we have overcome the giants in our own lives, then the enemy will defuse our efforts and bring a strong counterattack. Peter Wagner’s statement in his book What the Bible Says about Spiritual Warfare explains this point effectively: “Only foolish or inexperienced people move into spiritual warfare without personal holiness.”
Chapter 7: Preparing for Battle
Watch out for a tendency towards laziness. This is the time to set our faces like flint and press into the Lord. Laziness can prevent us from realizing our inheritance and victory in the battle. Hebrews 6:12 explains, “We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.”
No comments:
Post a Comment